Six Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
The internet is flooded with endless ideas on ‘how to lead a healthy life.’ Apple cider vinegar (ACV), for example, seems to be ruling the internet with a myriad of articles that describe facts and bust myths about this ingredient. It can be overwhelming to go through these articles because we don’t know which one to follow. Hence, here is a comprehensive compilation of the advantages of apple cider vinegar.
- Lowers cholesterol: A Japanese study has found that drinking half an ounce of apple cider vinegar every day can lower cholesterol levels in their experiment group. The acetic acid in the vinegar is known to reduce bad cholesterol.
- Prevents indigestion: A lot of us end up binge eating, be it during weekends or at a party. Ensure to carry the following recipe in a bottle before you indulge in food. Take one teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar each and mix it in a glass of warm water. You should drink this apple cider vinegar mixture at least 30 minutes before you dine.
- Aids weight loss: Maybe apple cider vinegar got into the spotlight for this reason. Some people claim that drinking apple cider vinegar can help one lose weight. The acetic acid not only helps in lowering cholesterol but also reduces the appetite and increases one’s metabolism. It also reduces the water retention in your system. Some scientists believe that apple cider vinegar acts on the body’s starch, thereby allowing fewer calories to enter the bloodstream.
- No more acne: This is good news for all of us. Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural toner, and it is a great home remedy to keep your skin healthy. Its antibacterial properties help to keep acne under control, and it also softens and exfoliates the skin, reduces red spots, and maintains your skin’s healthy pH balance.
- Energizer: When we are stressed, lactic acid builds up in our body and causes fatigue. The amino acid in apple cider vinegar acts as the perfect remedy to overcome this. Potassium and other enzymes from apple cider vinegar reduce the feeling of tiredness. Just mix a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar into any vegetable drink or add it to a glass of water. Drink this apple cider vinegar mixture to pump up your energy levels.
- Dandruff: Apple cider vinegar’s acidity makes it difficult for yeast to grow. Mix ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with ½ teaspoon of warm water in a bottle and spritz your scalp with this mixture. If you follow this routine twice a week, you will be surprised by the results.