Oven-baked Chex Party Mix Recipe
Advertised in the year 1952 as Chex™ Party Mix, an assorted blend of Chex™ cereals, chips, hard breadsticks, pretzels, nuts, and crackers were mixed and packaged attractively as a holiday treat. Millions of Americans enjoy this very popular snack even today. Munching on Chex™ Party Mix is a favorite pastime for children and adults alike. Chex™ makes these commercially in a variety of salty and sweet flavors to suit the masses. You can use online recipes of Chex™ Party Mix to make this at home with a variety of seasonings. A benefit of this is that you can customize your mix according to your preferences.
Here we have shared an oven-baked Chex™ Party Mix snack recipe. Why wait for the holiday season to prepare this? Go on, try making this easy Chex™ Party Mix snack recipe today, and invite some friends over for a movie night to share this special dish. Or better still, go on a long car ride to enjoy this super delicious homemade treat.
- 4 cups crisp Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups crisp Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups crisp Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 2 cups roasted cashew nuts
- 1 cup bagel chips
- 1 cup cheese twists
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the crispy corn, wheat, and rice Chex™ cereals. Also add the pretzel sticks, roasted peanuts, roasted almonds, roasted cashew nuts, bagel chips, and cheese twists to the same bowl.
- In another bowl add the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and stir well to combine.
- Then, toss this blend into the bowl containing the cereal mixture and nuts. Keep stirring continuously and gently until the solids are evenly well coated with the delicious sauce.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl onto a large baking sheet and bake for about 80 minutes, or until it turns nice and crisp. Remember to stir the mixture every 15 minutes to prevent it from sticking together.
- Remove this from the oven, spread it onto paper towels, and allow the Chex™ snack mix to cool down completely.
Store this yummy delight in an airtight container. Or grab a bowlful of this fresh homemade Chex™ snack mix recipe and keep munching!